Tropical Reef Shipyard has 45 years’ experience maintaining all types of vessels – Defence, heavy commercial, tugboats and commercial passenger boats. Our expertise covers all facets of vessel maintenance, refit and conversions.
Mechanical & Engines
- Installation, repair and overhaul of rotating equipment – including generators, main engines, gearboxes, between hydraulics and pump sets.
- Affiliation with all major engine OEMs.
- Heavy rigging of equipment including main engines for removal and replacement.
- Installation and refurbishment of valves, seawater strainers, piping & flanges, couplings, capstan and winches.
Propulsion Drive Line
- Bump test, removal, shaft inspection, straightness test, coupling and shaft seal inspection, bearings and stern-tube condition inspection and replacement.
- Line boring and facing alignments, Chockfast.
- Bearing replacement including machining.
- Alignment with latest laser tools.
- Propeller checking, NDT and surface linishing.
- Bump test, repairs, and replacement of bearing and seals, inspection rudder stock, manufacture & replacement shafts.
- Hydraulic cylinder and hose refurbishment.
- Hydraulic and electric powerpack repairs and conversions.
- Sensor and command system servicing and upgrades.
Marine Refrigeration and AC
- Including duct and filter cleaning, filter and insulation replacement, chiller and pump replacement, chemical cleaning and descaling of seawater cooling tubes
Fabrication & Welding
- Specialized Coded welding Carbon Steel, SS, Alum and Cuni with full capabilities in MIG, TIG, ARC, and OXY.
- Plasma and thermal cutting.
- Fabrication and welding of exotic metals.
- All International classification societies approved welding procedures
Frame and Hull
- Piping fabrication and replacement including pressure testing to Class.
- Plate thickness survey and measuring.
- Shell Plate replacement including welding to approved procedures by Lloyds, DNV, and ABS classification societies.
- Weld Testing with vacuum testing and NDT.
- Hull valve, piping and flanges replacement and refurbishment including chemical cleaning bath and gasket manufacture.
- Spark testing, surface profile testing and full reporting.
Hydraulics, Pumps and Hoses
- Hydraulic System repair and replacement of pumps, filters and hoses.
- Oil Cooler cleaning and pressure testing.
- Water System repair and replacement of pumps and hoses. Cooler cleaning and pressure testing. Chemical flushing for seawater systems.
Anchor and Mooring
- Anchor and Mooring Capstans refurbishment of bearings, machining of shafts, relining of brake, load testing and preservation coating.
- Anchor Chain inspected, thickness testing, replacement links, shackles and range marking. Hydraulic Spooling.
- Preservation including mechanical preparation, Abrasive and Hydro blasting up to 40,000psi, with robotic head.
- Above Waterline Protective coatings, Inspection and reporting by Cert 3 and Cert 4, NACE2 trained inspectors.
- Underwater Protective coatings, Inspection and reporting by Cert 3 and Cert 4, NACE2 trained inspectors.
- Non-Skid surfaces.
- Internal Pipe blasting and preservation.
- Plural Component coating applications.
- Tank cleaning, dirty bilge, greywater, blackwater and freshwater tanks
- Removal of contaminated fluids and oil, and preparation for preservation
- Fuel and bunking services